Wednesday, May 5, 2010

18 Month Club

Yes. It's true! I have joined the 18 month club! Now I know what many of you are going to say. I didn't know you were going on a mission, I had no idea. Well I guess that just means you are a bad friend. Jk.

After turning my papers in I would check the mail everyday. Now let me tell you this is one of my favorite things to do, it is my job at home and I am the only one who ever gets the mail. I know the mail mans schedule. He comes up and does the other side of the street then goes all the way around and finally arrives on our side usually around 4. The past week has taken especially long usually not arriving until five. Because I was not only anxious to check earlier and it was coming later this caused me several extra bike/golf cart/car/ walking trips up to the mailbox.

After probably my 300th day of disappointment checking the mailbox my Dad said Kenzie the mail is going to come early tomorrow at 3 so I will come home from work early and we can open it at 4. I told my dad there was NO way because I know the mailmans schedule and he hasn't been coming until 5. So my mom and I laughed at him and decided he didn't know what he was talking about.

So after waiting PATIENTLY for two and a half weeks my call finally arrived May 5th. AND my Dad was definitely right. I checked the mailbox at 3 and it was already in there just waiting for me.

My family and friends gathered around and made their guesses.


Me ready to open up my call (no I was not red/hot/sweaty/nervous to open my call at all)
My brother was so kind to count down EVERY minute until I was to open my call. When I asked him to stop talking he then sent it in a text message. Thanks.


Oh hey guys. What? You are waiting for me? Just let me send a text message real quick.


I was trying not to cheat by reading the name first but I will admit I saw a long word that started with a G.


I have been called to serve in the Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission!!! I will be speaking Spanish. I report June 16th and I have a feeling these next six weeks will fly by real quick! I am super excited and I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to serve the people of Guatemala.

Not a single soul ended up guessing right (except for Karter of course who you can see drawing a line from his guess in India to Guatemala. It was like that the whole time right?)


♥ Hermana Roney

4 comments:

  1. yeah!!!!! so excited for you (and me :) u r going to b the best missionary ever xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Kenzie! we better make the most of the next 6 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally a sucky friends cause I haven't even called you since I found out via facebook :( but seriously we need some camping and yogurt and movies before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sister Roney :) I'll be going to Guatemala - Retalhuleu... Wait for me on June 29! :)

    Sister Elvir

    ReplyDelete